On Air Now

Infinity Sports Network
Infinity Sports Network
Midnight - 6:00am

DuBois Weather

Penfield home destroyed in accidental flue fire, no one injured


Huston Township, PA – An accidental fire caused by a stove’s flue pipe destroyed a home in Clearfield County, but thankfully no one was injured.

A State Police Fire Marshal was called to investigate after a fire destroyed a ranch-style home on Sportsmans Road in Huston Township, near Penfield, around 6 p.m. Saturday.

The fire marshal has determined that the cause was associated with the flue pipe of a coal burning stove in the basement.

The home was owned by 79-year-old Howard Kritzberger from Levittown, PA. He was not injured.

The home, however, is a complete loss. Damage is estimated at $300,000.

Click Here to read the online police report.