Banks Township, PA – Hundreds of dollars worth of coins and precious metals were stolen from a home in Indiana County, close to the border with Jefferson and Clearfield Counties.
Nearly $660 of gold dollar coins, Indian head pennies, Buffalo head nickels, silver coins, and a silver certificate were taken from a home on Millstone Road in Banks Township, close to Glen Campbell.
The victim believes it happened sometime between Sept. 19 and 30.
The items stolen:
- 1-foor by 1-foot fireproof safe
- collection of three Sacagawea gold dollars – $75
- collection of four Indian head pennies – $12
- one roll of Buffalo head nickels – $2
- five silver presidential dollar coins – $375
- 1905 V nickel – $35
- 1999 silver certificate .999 – $150
- small treasure chest of miscellaneous coins – $10
If you know anything about the theft or have seen the coin collection for sale, please call State Police in Punxsutawney at 814-938-0510.
Click Here to read the online police report.