Clearfield, PA – Thank you to our police officers, who continue to respond to situations, even during this uncertain time.
Some of the recent reports from Clearfield Borough Police:
1. Police responded to a local business on Bigler Avenue for a juvenile purposely coughing in a clerk’s face and stating that he had coronavirus. Police viewed surveillance footage and are attempting to identify the juvenile.
2. Police received a phone call from a female about an incident of harassment. According to the female, a known individual was sending her threatening messages and trying to get the victim to drop charges to an active criminal case. Charges are expected to be filed for intimidating a victim/witness (F3), terroristic threats (M1), along with harassment and disorderly conduct.
3. Officers placed a male in custody at a business located on Cooper Road in Curwensville. The male held an active arrest warrant through this department.
4. Clearfield Borough Police responded to multiple areas within the borough for reports of multiple branches laying on the roadway due to a severe thunderstorm.
5. Officers responded to an incident of trespassing at a local business located on North 3rd Street. Upon arrival, a known male was found inside who had been warned by officers in the past that he is trespassed from the business. The male was placed in custody and charged with defiant trespassing.
6. Police responded to the Henry Myer Towers for an incident of trespassing. Upon arrival, contact was made with a male and it was found that this department held an active arrest warrant for him. The male was placed in custody and transported to CCJ.
7. Officers responded to a physical domestic at a residence on West 5th Avenue. Upon arrival, it was found that a female physically assaulted another female. The female was place in custody and transported to CCJ. She will be facing several charges including simple assault.
8. Officers responded to a physical domestic at a residence on Clearfield Street. Upon arrival, a female informed officers that she had been assaulted by her boyfriend. The male was to have left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. The incident is under further investigation.
9. Clearfield Borough Police received information about an alleged theft. According to the victim, his girlfriend moved out and she took dog tags belonging to the male. The incident is under further investigation.
10. Officers responded to the area of North 4th Street and Church Street for shingles laying on the roadway. Officers found shingles scattered on the roadway and removed them. The shingles were blown off the roof of an abandoned house during a severe thunderstorm. Code Enforcement will be notified of the incident.
11. Police were dispatched to the area of Turnpike Avenue and NW 3rd Avenue for a pitbull running loose. Upon arrival, it was found that the owner had caught the pitbull and placed it back inside.
12. Officers were dispatched to a residence on West 2nd Avenue for a domestic dispute. Upon arrival, it was found that a male was outside yelling/arguing with his girlfriend. Citations for harassment and disorderly conduct are pending for the male.