Clearfield, PA – Clearfield Borough Police found a woman who was walking along the sidewalk, barefoot with a bed sheet wrapped around herself. She said that she had just been released from the hospital and was walking home.
They also responded recently to drug-related crimes, including multiple people who were under the influence of controlled substances.
Read the full police reports, sent from Clearfield Borough Police on March 27:
1. Officers responded to Sheetz located on Nichols Street for a reported retail theft. A store employee viewed a male exit the store with a package of Tasty Cakes without paying for them. Officers were able to stop the male and a citation for retail theft is pending.
2. Police responded to a parking lot on East Cherry Street for a report of a male sitting in a truck and slumped over the middle console. Upon arrival, it was found that there was a male in the driver’s seat and a female in the front passenger’s seat. Both individuals appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia was viewed in plain sight. A search of the vehicle was conducted and methamphetamine along with various items of drug paraphernalia were located. The male had an active warrant through Domestic Relations Office and the female had a warrant through the Clearfield Sheriff’s Office. Both were transported to CCJ and held on the warrants. The male was charged with possession of paraphernalia and the female was charged with possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia.
3. Officers responded to a local business on Bigler Avenue for a suspicious individual. Upon arrival, contact was made with the suspicious person and he was found to be heavily under the influence of multiple controlled substances. The male was placed in custody and transported to CCJ. Citations pending for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
4. Clearfield Borough Police were notified of an incident of harassment that occurred via text message. Contact was made with the actor and he was warned of his actions.
5. Officers responded to a residence on Sheridan Avenue for a psychological emergency. Officers made contact with the individual who agreed to speak with a CRISIS worker.
6. Police responded to the area of Penn Highlands Hospital for a 302 patient who had ran from the facility. Contact was made with the individual who willingly went back to the hospital to receive further treatment.
7. Officers responded to a residence located on Daisy Street for a disturbance. Upon arrival, contact was made with the two individuals who stated they were arguing. Both individuals were warned of their actions.
8. Clearfield Borough Police were dispatched to the area of East Market Street and South 3rd Street for a female walking along the sidewalk with a bed sheet wrapped around her person and not wearing shoes. Contact was made with the female who stated she was walking back home as she was just released from the Hospital.