DuBois, PA – Thank you for helping us and the Greater PA and WV Make-A-Wish chapter raise $74,443.32… an astounding number, especially since it’s during a pandemic!
Businesses, schools, organizations, and everyday people dug deep and raised a magical amount of money, which will all go toward granting wishes for local kids dealing with critical illnesses… allowing them to forget about hospitals and doctors for a day and just be a kid!
We will continue to update this story with more photos and interviews.
Listen to the interview with Lacy Bair, Make-A-Wish Greater PA And WV regional director.
- Benny from Starr Trucking and Day Spa DuBois – $4,510
- VFW Auxiliary – $200
- Kiwanis Club of DuBois – $400
- Sandy Club – $4,400
- Olympic Athletic Club – $11,300
- DuBois Polish Club – $5,400
- Super Sub and Six Pack – $4,400
- Penn State DuBois – $1,600
- Roy’s Floor Show – $500
- Clepper Bus – $1,376.40
- Sykesville Eagles – $4,400
- Oklahoma Elementary – $3,861
- Owens Illinois Plant 76 – $2,100
- Medicine Shoppe – $102
- Wasson Elementary – $2,000
- DuBois Area Middle School – $3868.91
- Stoltz Family Dealerships – $1,000
- Ellis Plumbing and Heating – $100
- DuBois Central Catholic School – $1,745
- Juniata Elementary – $1,634
- Josh and Lou – $102
- CG Johnson Elementary – $3,350.01
- Dave’s Landscaping – $100
- Brockway School District – $4,400
- Priority First Federal Credit Union – $1,100
- Niagara Cutter – $2,300
- Redbank Fireman – $2,000
- Auction – $4,010
- Plus many more donations online and in person!
Total = $74,443.32
Lacy Bair, director of our Greater PA and WV Make-A-Wish, talks about the origins of Make-A-Wish
Nicole Crook-Wean talks about her two Make-A-Wish Kids, Dakota and Cheyenne. *Note: This photo is from 2019.
Cheyenne Wean talks about her wish as a kid. She went to Disney World with her family!
Listen to the interview with Brock Roy, Jeana Roy, and Make-A-Wish director Lacy Bair. Brock Roy, now 10 years old, was diagnosed with cancer about three years ago. Two years ago, he got his wish of swimming with dolphins. Now in 2020, Brock is having his last chemotherapy treatment!
The DuBois Diner presents
The 27th Annual Make A Wish Light Up A Child’s Life Campaign with Miller Furniture and Mattress
Join Sunny 106 December 7th through the 11th for our 27th Annual Miller Home Furniture and Mattress Make A Wish Light Up A Child’s Life Campaign.
All week we’ll have special live and pre-recorded Make A Wish Moments with Staar Trucking and the Day Spa DuBois featuring interviews with local business owners, generous community members, dedicated students, and Make A Wish families.
How to make a donation?
Make your donation ONLINE here
The 27th Annual Miller Home Furniture and Mattress Make A Wish Light Up A Child’s Life Campaign is presented by the DuBois Diner
Thank You to Our Make A Wish Hourly Sponsors
DiLullo Trucking and Transport
The Swift Kennedy Insurance Group
Priority First Federal Credit Union
Brockway Floral Boutique
Carol Foltz: Coldwell Realty
The Carpet Shack
Linda Weis: State Farm Insurance
Find A Job PA
Kim McDonald: State Farm Insurance
The Day Spa DuBois
Ester’s Hair Haven
ACE Fix-It Hardware
Edner Kness Insurance
Napoli’s Restaurant and Pizzeria
Adamson Funeral Chapel
Hugh Water and Holt Drilling
Brockway Center for Arts and Technology
Key Settlement Services