Clearfield, PA – Multiple cases of public drunkenness had to be handled by the Clearfield Borough Police recently. In one case, a man on North 3rd Street was reported to be acting strangely and attempting to stick his cell phone into an ATM. When asked why he was doing that, the man replied that “you can do anything with these things.” He was found to be under the influence and was arrested,
In another case of public drunkenness, another man was found laying in the middle of Martin Street during the night. He was found to be under the influence of alcohol, was cited for public drunkenness, and was transported home.
Clearfield Borough Police officers were also called to Irvin Park in Curwensville to help with a fight. All parties were separated and told to go home.
Clearfield Borough Police reports, released June 28, 2021:
1. Police were dispatched to Martin Street for a male laying in the middle of the roadway during the nighttime hours. Upon arrival, it was found that the male was manifestly under the influence of alcohol. The male was transported home and cited for public drunkenness.
2. Police were dispatched to a business on North 3rd Street for a male acting strange. Upon arrival, officers viewed the male attempting to stick his cell phone into the ATM machine. When asked why he was doing that, the male replied that “you can do anything with these things.” The male was found to be under the influence and arrested for public drunkenness.
3. Police were dispatched to an abandoned building on the 800 block of Daisy Street for juveniles that had entered it. Upon arrival, the juveniles were found outside of the building. The juveniles were informed that they are not allowed in the building and their parents were notified.
4. Police assisted a motorist with gaining access into their vehicle.
5. Police from this department and the Lawrence Township Police Department responded to Irvin Park in Curwensville for a fight. Upon arrival, all parties were separated and told to go home.
6. Police responded to a psychological emergency on Spruce Street. One male declined medical treatment and requested that he be transported to his brother’s residence. Officers provided the male with transportation.
7. Police responded to a residence on Dorey Street for two females arguing. Once on scene, both individuals were warned for their actions.
8. Police responded to a residence on NW 3rd Avenue for harassment. Upon arrival, it was found that a female threw a remote at a male, striking him on the face. The female was cited for harassment.
9. Police served a warrant on a male at Snappy’s on State Route 879.
10. Police responded to an incident of harassment on Hook Street. It was found that one female pulled another female’s shirt from behind, causing her to fall to the ground. The female was cited for harassment.