Treasure Lake, PA – A Treasure Lake home was destroyed by fire, likely caused by problems with the house’s chimney.

Fire crews were called to a ranch-style home along Hastings Road in Treasure Lake around 1:30 a.m. early Monday morning.

The fire appears to have started in a chimney flue, but it quickly spread throughout the attic and eventually to the rest of the home.

The house is a rental property, and the five people who were living there were home at the time of the fire but thankfully were able to escape without injuries.

Damage is estimated at more than $250,000.