Punxsutawney, PA – Several people are left without a home after a residence was destroyed by a fire in Punxsutawney.

The building in the 200 block of East Liberty Street in Punxsutawney caught fire around 3 p.m. Monday.

An investigation by the fire marshal found that the fire started on the porch after someone carelessly discarded a cigarette, starting a fire that caused $200,000 in damage.

Although no one was injured, at least five people are now left without a home.

The victims did not have insurance.

Click Here to read the online police report.