Beaver Township, PA – In Clarion County, a fire that left two men without a home has been blamed on creosote buildup in the chimney.

Around 6 p.m. Monday, fire crews were called out to a home along Myers Hill Road in Beaver Township, near Knox.

The fire marshal found that creosote buildup in the chimney was to blame. The flames escaped through the chimney mortar joints, igniting wall studs and the wood frame of the house.

No injuries were listed, but the home is a complete loss. Damage is estimated at $250,000.

The victims are a 22-year-old man and a 76-year-old man, both from Knox.

Click Here to read the online police report.