DuBois, PA – The DuBois Nursing Home is is reporting 53 confirmed cases of COVID-19 at their facility, both for residents and staff.
In a letter posted to their website, they say they have 34 positive resident cases.
The total for staff is 19 so far.
This is a significant uptick over just the past week.
They are taking every precaution they can to help prevent the spread any further. This includes restricting visitation and entry for people into the building.
September 14, 2020
Dear Family Member/Responsible Party:
As our nation, commonwealth and local community continue to weather the Corona Virus pandemic, we believe it is extremely important that accurate communication occur. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within the facility. We are taking steps based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the local Health Department and Emergency Management Agencies to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
• Enhanced infection control precautions
• Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for expanded list of symptoms
• The use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
• Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
• Postponing communal activities
On May 8, 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced a new reporting structure for facilities to follow. The new structure directs facilities to implement a notification system in which information can be readily provided to residents, responsible parties and family members. The system will provide a weekly update regarding COVID-19 including the number of active cases in residents and staff. Any new confirmed resident cases will be reported within the next calendar day. In addition, we will report any instance in which three or more residents present with respiratory symptoms over a 72 hour period. The same criteria will be used to report new confirmed cases or symptomatic cases in staff.
We will be updating our website with the most current information. A weekly update will be provided each Friday. Per the guidelines above, any newly confirmed cases or clusters of respiratory symptoms within 72 hours occur, the website will be updated by 5 pm the next calendar day.
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have tested positive or have symptoms of COVID-19. The new reporting requirements will not replace our normal communication with you regarding changes in resident condition. Facility staff will continue to contact you directly with any resident changes in condition including symptoms of COVID-19.
At this time, DuBois Nursing Home reports the following:
• We have 1 new confirmed resident case of COVID-19, our cumulative total is 34 confirmed resident cases of COVID-19. We have 1 new resident with new onset of respiratory symptoms within a 72-hour period.
• We have 2 new confirmed staff cases of COVID-19, our cumulative total is 19 confirmed staff cases of COVID-19. We have 1 new staff with new onset of respiratory symptoms within a 72-hour period.
September 14, 2020
DuBois Village reports the following:
• At this time, we have 0 confirmed resident cases of Covid-19 and our cumulative total is 0.
• At this time, we have 0 confirmed staff cases of Covid-19 and our cumulative total is 0.
Should you have any questions regarding your family member, please contact the facility. Continue to reach out to facility staff to assist you in communicating with your loved ones. We can assist with Zoom meetings, FaceTime, cell calls and other options to keep in touch. Our residents and staff appreciate the support from the community during this unprecedented time.
Lori Jamison, NHA