DuBois, PA – The DuBois Area High School Class of 2020 graduation has been rescheduled due to rain. Since the ceremony is set to happen outside, they’ve decided to move the event to Saturday, May 30.
Students will still be going to Mansell Stadium near the DuBois Middle School. The pre-recorded filmed ceremony will still be shown at Mansell Stadium around 9:20 Saturday night, but students will also have a live processional and ceremony at 8:15.
The rest remains mostly the same. The parade will still go from the high school to the middle school at 7 p.m., with anyone participating encouraged to line up from 5:30 to 6:30. There will not be any stops along the parade route.
Again, the plans are mostly the same, with everything just happening for the DuBois High School graduation on Saturday instead of today.
***UPDATE – RESCHEDULED***
DuBois High School Graduation, originally set for Friday May 29th, has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 30th due to weather. See the official statement below!
The following announcement pertains to our planned commencement activities which were originally scheduled for tomorrow, Friday May 29th.
Due to tomorrow’s most current projected weather forecast of an 80% chance of rain with the possibility of severe thunderstorms associated with a passing cold front, the decision has been made to postpone all planned commencement activities until Saturday, May 30th. This includes our scheduled graduation practice for our seniors, the parade of graduates through town, and the ceremony at Mansell Stadium. Each of these events will now be held on Saturday at their originally scheduled times. Please refer to the district website for a listing of the times for these events.
The health and safety of our school community is always a top priority. Although our region was declared green by Governor Wolf, please be mindful that there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our region. As previously stated, we are requesting your full cooperation following the CDC guidelines to protect yourself and others. The CDC continues to strongly recommend the use of face masks and social distancing.
We look forward to celebrating the class of 2020 Saturday evening. Thank you.
Schedule for Saturday, May 30th:
9:00am-10:30am – Graduation Practice for Seniors who are participating in the commencement ceremony
5:30pm-6:30pm – Graduates and their family members participating in the vehicle parade will be put in the parade lineup at the High School
7:00pm – Parade of Graduates will depart from DAHS
8:15pm – The live portion of the commencement ceremony will begin inside Mansell Stadium
9:15pm – The pre-recorded graduation ceremony will begin playing on the large outdoor screen located inside Mansell Stadium.
DuBois, PA – Graduation for DuBois Area High School has tentatively been scheduled for Friday, May 29, and we’ll be broadcasting it on Sunny 106 so everyone can celebrate and enjoy the ceremony safely!
The speeches and performances will be prerecorded with equipment and services offered by Tri-County Church.
Then, after caps and gowns arrived, the graduates and their immediate families can meet at either Mansell Stadium or (if it rains) the middle school to be filmed having their name announced, walking across the field or stage, and receiving their diploma.
These will be done in 10-minute intervals, to adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
The goal is to film all parts of the graduation ceremony separately in advance by May 18, which will then be compiled together as one virtual ceremony virtual by Brennan Bell from Tri-County Church.
Then on May 29, starting at 5:30 p.m., graduates will meet in their vehicles in the high school parking lot for a planned driving parade. The parade starts at 7pm.
We’ll be broadcasting that live graduation ceremony on Sunny 106 on May 29, as the students enter Mansell Stadium starting at 8:15pm. The pre-recorded video will start at 9:20pm.
You can listen to the ceremony along with them on the radio and feel pride in our DuBois Class of 2020 who have accomplished so much under new and difficult circumstances.
Below is the schedule of events for Friday, May 29th:
With Governor Wolf’s declaration that our area will enter the “Green” phase of the COVID-19 reopening process beginning Friday, May, 29th, this message is intended to announce revised details regarding the events related to the celebration of your graduation day on Friday, May 29th. We are actively planning a blended ceremony to include an abbreviated in-person ceremony as well as the virtual ceremony.
Plans for Friday, May 29:
- In order to prepare for our ceremony at Mansell Stadium on Friday evening, we will hold a graduation practice for all students participating in the ceremony on Friday, May 29th from 9:00-10:30am. Students should park in the Middle School parking lot and enter the stadium through the main gate. (Please Note: If students are unable to attend graduation practice, but still plan to participate in our graduation ceremony, please contact the High School office for details and instructions.)
- Since the announcement of moving into the green phase as per the Governor of Pennsylvania, all students who have satisfied their graduation requirements will now be presented their diploma during our live Roll Call of Graduates portion of the ceremony on Friday evening at Mansell Stadium. (**Graduates electing not to participate in Friday’s ceremony will be able to pick up their diploma at the High School main office between 7:30am-3:30pm beginning Monday, June 1st.)
- Please Note: In the event of a forecast of inclement weather, the rain date for our parade and graduation ceremony will be Saturday, May 30th. A final determination on these events and any accompanying announcements to utilize the rain date will be made by 3:00pm on Friday, May 29th.
- (5:30pm-6:30pm) Line-Up for our 2020 Parade of Graduates at the High School
- Students and Parents who wish to participate in our 2020 Parade of Graduates through town will need to report to the High School between 5:30pm and 6:30pm. Parade participants must be at the HS with their vehicle no later than 6:30pm to be placed in the parade line-up. (Please Note: Due to parade permit regulations, the Parade will be limited to one vehicle per graduate. Family members are welcome to ride along with or drive their graduate. Graduates may also ride together with other graduates if they would like to do so.)
- Graduates are encouraged to decorate their vehicles (ex. Sign with Name, HS Activities, Future Plans, etc.)
- Due to safety regulations (oncoming traffic will not be closed down), all parade participants must remain inside their vehicles throughout the parade.
- (7:00pm) The parade will depart from the High School The Parade will end at the Middle School.
- For those planning to select a location to watch the parade, here is the route:
- Depart from DAHS and continue down Division St. to the 4-way stop,
- Turn Left onto Beaver Drive and continue to Shaffer Rd,
- Turn Right onto Shaffer Road and continue to Maple Ave,
- Turn Right onto Maple Ave. and continue to light at Brady St. Sheetz,
- Turn Left onto Brady St and continue over the Sandy Bridge,
- Turn Right onto Dixon Ave and continue to red light on Main St. by the hospital,
- Turn Right onto Main St. and continue to intersection of Long Ave,
- Continue down Long Ave. to intersection with Brady St.
- Turn Left onto Brady Street and continue down Liberty Blvd.
- Turn Right at the end of Liberty Blvd onto N. Park Place (by Hoffer Realty) and then turn right onto Meadow Lane. Follow Meadow Lane directly to the Beaver Drive entrance into the DuBois Area Middle School parking lot.
- For those planning to select a location to watch the parade, here is the route:
**Once parked at the DuBois Area Middle School, graduates will report to the area around the greenhouse to begin lining up for the processional into Mansell Stadium. Family members will enter the stadium main gate and take a seat in the home team bleachers. (Please Note: We are asking for full cooperation from each family to take seats in a manner where they maintain appropriate social distancing (6 feet) from the families of other graduates. The use of face masks is strongly encouraged.)
- (8:15pm) Our Class of 2020 Graduates begin Processional into Mansell Stadium for our commencement ceremony
The live portion of our ceremony will include:
- The “Star-Spangled Banner” and DAHS Alma Mater
- The Presentation & Recommendation of the Senior Class by Mr. Brian Weible, High School Principal
- The Acceptance by the DASD Board of Directors by Mr. Larry Salone, Board President
- The Roll Call of Graduates and Presentation of Diplomas
- Declaration of Graduates and Moving of Tassels by Mr. Charles Pasternak, High School Assistant Principal
- (9:20pm) At approximately 9:20pm, the pre-recorded 2020 DAHS Commencement Ceremony will begin playing on the large outdoor screen which will be located inside of the stadium.
- Because the link to our ceremony will be made available for everyone to download through our district website, we encourage family and friends to plan their own private watch parties of our graduation ceremony to help celebrate this wonderful occasion!
- This ceremony, including all speeches, performances, and announcements of graduates and their future plans will also be broadcast live over Sunny 106.5 FM
- Please be prepared that it will be dark during this portion of the ceremony. For the safety of yourself and for others, please do not leave your seat without the presence of an SPO. Our SPO’s will have flashlights to assist any of our guests who need to leave their seats at any time during the evening.
- Restroom facilities will be available under the stadium.