Pike Township, PA – A small flue fire caused some commotion in Curwensville last night, but it was quickly contained.
Fire crews were called out to a home on Piney Road in Pike Township around 6:17 Sunday night.
They found there was an active fire in the flue pipe, but the flames hadn’t spread anywhere else yet.
Crews made quick work of extinguishing it.
As we get further into the winter season, statistically there are more and more of these kind of chimney and flue fires. Some ways to avoid a flue fire… get your chimney cleaned annually to remove the creosote buildup, use a chimney liner, and install a chimney cap to keep twigs and leaves from falling inside.
*Flue Fire* Tonight at 18:17, Company 8 was dispatched to a flue fire along Piney Road in Pike Township. Engine Tanker…