Punxsutawney, PA – A welding accident inside of a garage is likely what caused a house fire last night in Punxsutawney.

One man remains in the hospital with serious injuries.

The unnamed man had been welding a vehicle inside his garage when a propane tank exploded around 6 p.m. Wednesday near Spruce Street and Indiana Street.

The home is heavily damaged.

This is the second fire in Punxsutawney within the past week, the other one being the Albion United Methodist Church that caught fire Monday night.

See the Jefferson County Fire Wire post about this fire.