Clearfield, PA – A driver led police on a pursuit through Clearfield recently.
Although details are limited, Clearfield Borough Police say that they attempted the stop a vehicle on North 4th Street out of suspicion of DUI. The suspect drove away. Clearfield Borough Police were assisted by Lawrence Township Police and State Police.
The pursuit ended near the intersection of Dubeck Road and Route 153 when the suspect drove over spike strips set by police. The driver was taken into custody, but their name has not been released yet.
Also in Clearfield Borough, officers and EMTs responded to a man who had fallen on the sidewalk of South 3rd Street. He was unconscious with a substantial amount of blood loss. He was taken to the hospital and later flown by helicopter to a larger hospital trauma center.
- Police were notified of an incident involving harassment. The party involved was warned of his actions.
- Police are investigating an incident in which a motorcycle fled from police.
- Police were dispatched to a burglary-in-progress on W Locust St. The suspect was to be climbing through a window of a residence. Upon arrival, police located a male who had permission to be on the property but had forgot his keys.
- While on patrol, police attempted to stop a vehicle on N 4th St out of suspicion of DUI. The suspect vehicle fled from police resulting in a pursuit. Clearfield Police were aided by Lawrence Township and State Police during the incident. The pursuit ended near the intersection of Dubeck Rd and SR 153 when the suspect vehicle had driven over spike strips that were set by police. The driver was taken into custody.
- Police are investigating burglary incident on E 10th
- Police were dispatched to a male who had fallen on the sidewalk of S 3rd St and was unconscious with substantial blood loss. Police and EMS arrived on scene who transported the male to the hospital. The male was later flown by helicopter to another hospital.
- Police are investigating an incident involving a male reporting his vehicle stolen.
- While on patrol, police observed a male sitting outside a local business with his head down on a picnic table. The male was found to be intoxicated and was released to a sober adult.
- Police recovered a cell phone along Bigler Ave.
- Police received a report of a suspicious person walking on the side of N Front St. Police made contact with the individual who explained to police that she was picking up trash.
- Police responded to a suspicious male inside a business on N 2nd Police made contact with the male who was found to be heavily intoxicated. The male was provided a ride home and released to a sober adult.
- Police are investigating an incident involving a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed on Bigler Ave.
- Police responded to a report of an animal being inside the attic of a residence.
- Police responded to a noise complaint on E Locust St.