DuBois, PA – DuBois Lions inducted five new members on Thursday evening. Congratulations, and thank you to these members for volunteering in our community!
Pictured: Membership chair Sam Bailey, Club President Dr. Jim Godlewski, new Lion Tracy Stewart, new Lion Dr. Chris Shaw (kneeling), new Lion Desiree Cagliari, new Lion Molly Dressler, DG Linda Lupro, new Lion Bob Wentz.
Two additional new members will be inducted at their next meeting.
According to the Lions Club International, their aims are the following:
- To Organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
- To Coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions clubs.
- To Create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To Take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To Unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.