Philadelphia – There’s a reward being offered for anyone who can help find the person responsible for several suspicious fires in Northern Indiana County.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) says there’s a $8,000 reward for information leading to the identification and arrest of the person who might have set multiple fires that happened in the area since August 2018.
The ATF is naming nine specific fires in Northern Indiana County that were deemed suspicious or otherwise incendiary. The most recent fire was just on March 28 on Barnard Road in Dayton.
With the exception of a fire at Harmony Grove Lutheran Church and the Amish furniture store in West Mahoning Township, all the other fires happened at unoccupied or abandoned barns and buildings.
- 9, 2019 – farmhouse/garage – Alabran Road, Smicksburg, PA
- 15, 2018 – barn – Wolf Road, Smicksburg, PA
- 21, 2018 – barn – State Route 954, Creekside, PA
- 29, 2018 – garage/shed fire – Bailey Road, Washington Township, PA
- 29, 2018 – storage building – Whitaker & Rudolph Road, West Mahoning Township, PA
- 25, 2019 – Amish furniture store – Stephenson Road, West Mahoning Township, PA*
- 26, 2019 – Harmony Grove Lutheran Church – 5 Points Road, Creekside, PA*
- March 20, 2019 – brush fire – Getty and Pollock Roads, East Mahoning Township, PA
- March 28, 2019 – barn fire – Barnard Road, Dayton, PA
* – indicates fire was ruled as incendiary by Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal
This investigation is being conducted jointly by the ATF Pittsburgh Field Office of the Philadelphia Field Division and the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal.
If you have information about the fires or the people who were involved, please call the ATF 24-7 hotline at 1-888-ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477), the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-4-PA-TIPS, or email [email protected] or submit tips online via www.pacrimestoppers.org.
Tips can be submitted anonymously using the Reportit app, or by visiting www.reportit.com, using the Philadelphia Field Division as the location.