Punxsutawney, PA – Do you know if your child’s safety seat is the right fit? State Police in DuBois, Clearfield, Ridgway and Punxsutawney are offering free safety seat checks.
Come make sure your seat isn’t defective or recalled, and you’ll also get the chance to ask questions about what child safety seat laws you have to follow.
Bring your child along! Having them there will help troopers know if the seat fits them correctly, and the kids will get the excitement of meeting some of the people who keep their family safe.
Pennsylvania law requires the following of motorists who are transporting a child in a motor vehicle:
- Children from birth to 2 years are to be secured in an approved rear-facing child passenger safety seat.
- Children from 2 to 4 years are to be secured in an approved forward-facing child passenger safety seat.
- Children 4 to 8 years are to be secured in an approved booster seat.
- Any persons between 8 and 18 years – in any seating location in the vehicle – are to be fastened with a seatbelt.
The national “Click It or Ticket” campaign begins May 13, 2019, and concludes June 2, 2019. PSP will be conducting high visibility enforcement and, as part of this campaign will be conducting free car seat checks by certified technicians.
State police will conduct child passenger safety seat checks at the following locations:
- Clarion State Police (Clarion County): Seidle Chevrolet, 1141 East Main Street, Clarion – Monday, May 13 – 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (814-226-1725)
- Clearfield State Police (Clearfield County): Clearfield Fire Department, 108 East Cherry Street, Clearfield – Monday, May 13 – 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (814-857-3800)
- DuBois State Police (Clearfield County): DuSan Ambulance, 835 Beaver Drive, DuBois – Saturday, May 18 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m (814-371-4652)
- Ridgway State Police (Elk County): PennDOT Building, 32 Saint Leo Avenue, Ridgway – Wednesday, May 22 – 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (814-776-6136)
- Punxsutawney State Police (Jefferson County): Central Fire Department, 301 East Mahoning Street, Punxsutawney – Thursday, May 23 – 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (814-938-0510)
- Kane State Police (McKean County): Zook Motors, 25 Willow Drive, Kane – Monday, May 20 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (814-368-9236)
Troopers will examine all child restraint seats for proper installation, and parents will receive instructions on how to correct any deficiencies.
For more information on car seat safety and to access a list of state police child passenger safety seat checks, click on the “Public Services” link at www.psp.state.pa.us.