Beaver Township, PA – A fire destroyed a log home in Jefferson County on Wednesday.

The sing-story home along Heathville Ohl Road in Beaver Township caught fire around 11:11 on April 24.

The 30′ by 36′ log home belonged to 83-year-old Shirley Fenstermaker and 65-year-old Rickie Fenstermaker, both from Summerville.

It caused $25,000 worth of damage, but no one was injured.

Chief Jake Snyder of the Summerville Fire Department requested assistance from a PA State Police fire marshal in determining the origin and cause of the fire.

The cause was found to be accidental.

It started in the basement of the home at a power strip/surge protector.