Falls Creek, PA – Police are investigating after they found that two young children had severe tooth decay after being neglected.

The DuBois crime unit says that a 5-year-old boy and a 3-year-old girl who had been living in Falls Creek never got the proper dental care from their guardians.

The neglect was reported on February 27 of this year, but it had been happening to the older child since 2013.

Troopers are investigating it as a case of endangering the welfare of a child.


Although we cannot release any other details about the children involved in this case, there are many other children in need in our area.

If you’d like to make a difference, consider making a donation to your local CYS or foster group, or consider opening your own home to a foster child.

Learn more by listening to the Ask the Expert show with Jefferson County CYS every other Friday at 8:35 on 107.9 and 96.7 Connect FM or listen to previous shows online.

Consider signing up to be a foster parent to provide them the stability that they need in what can be very confusing and tough times for them. If you cannot be a foster parent, you can also help by donating to your local foster home or foster family, providing respite care which is like being a babysitter or emergency contact for a foster family, or becoming a mentor or volunteer.

Clearfield County Children and Youth Services, 814-765-1541

Jefferson County Children and Youth Services, 814-849-3696

Lifespan Family Services, 814-246-2125

Pentz Run Family Services, 814-371-1522

If you cannot be a foster parent, consider these options:

**  Donate to your local foster family or foster group home, such as Pentz Run Youth Services

**  Provide respite care (which is like being a babysitter or emergency contact for a foster family)

**  Become a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) volunteer to help speak up for for kids, listen to their situations, help them adjust, go to court meetings, and work in their best interests

**  Become a volunteer with any of the adoption/fostering organizations

**  Become a mentor in a program that works with many children in need, including foster kids, such as Big Brothers Big Sisters in Clearfield County or Jefferson County