Pennsylvania – Tax season has officially started and to get a read on how Americans feel about filing their taxes — and how and when they plan to complete this annual obligation — Offers.com surveyed more than 2,000 U.S. consumers. So, how are Pennsylvania citizens filing this tax season?
Pennsylvania’s Top Tax Season Trends:
- 43% of Pennsylvania consumers would rather give up give up Netflix (or Hulu) than pay taxes this year. 25% would be ready to give up sugar.
- 43% are planning to use a paid or free software to fill their taxes, with 38% voting Turbotax as their favorite tax software. 30% are planning to fill their taxes through an accounting firm.
- 65% of Pennsylvanians aren’t concerned about filing their taxes. Although, 15% said they are worried they will owe more than they can afford or pay too much in taxes.
- Let’s talk about spending that refund. 35% will use it to pay off debt. Only 7% say they will splurge on luxury items.
- In terms of timing, 33% of Pennsylvanians say they will fill their taxes in February. However, 14% say they will do it on Tax Day (April 17).