North Mahoning Township, PA – The cause of the fatal house fire in Indiana County that killed a young girl and injured two other people has been determined to be started by an electrical issue.

The state fire marshal was called into investigate the fire, which started just before 7 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 30 at a home in Marchand, North Mahoning Township, along Route 119.

The fire marshal says it was an accidental electrical fire which started in a second-story bedroom. The home was a complete loss.

No one is being named at this time. Although official fire reports do not list how old any of the victims are, the girls are reportedly 11 or 12 years old.

One of the girls was trapped in the upstairs bedroom. Fire crews used a ladder to get to her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

The other girl and an adult man both were flown to a Pittsburgh hospital for their injuries. They’re still being treated but are in stable condition.

There’s no word yet on any fundraisers or collection drives that have been started for the family.