Pennsylvania – On this Veterans Day, we honor people who have served in the United States Armed Forces and have fought and served so that we can enjoy our freedoms at home.
To our military veteran listeners and families of veterans, thank you for the sacrifices that you make in order to keep us safe and free.
Although there’s nothing we can do to completely thank our veterans for all that they do, many businesses are saying “thank you” to veterans and active military members by offering freebies or deals on food and drinks. Just remember that these offers require proof of ID or a uniform.
Proof of service is recommended at most of these places. This may include a current military or retired military ID card, veterans ID card, VA healthcare ID card, DD Form 214, drivers license with a veterans designation, a uniform, or a photo of you in uniform.
If you know of any other free meals, services, or discounts in our area that we missed for this year, please call 814-372-1065 or email [email protected]
Discounts (alphabetical order):
- Home Depot – offers a 10 percent discount to veterans all year long
- Lowe’s – 10 percent discount for veterans all year long
- Tractor Supply – 15 percent discount on their entire purchase to veterans and their dependents on Sunday, Nov. 11
Free meals and drinks (alphabetical order):
- Aegis Coffee Roasters in DuBois – not yet announced but generally offers a free cup of coffee and another small free treat
- Denny’s – free Build Your Own Grand Slam from 5 a.m. to noon on Monday, Nov. 12. Meal includes four breakfast items, including two buttermilk pancakes, two eggs, two bacon or turkey bacon strips, buttermilk biscuits, or hash browns.
- Dunkin – free donut of their choice
- Eat N Park – all active and former military receiver 10 percent discount for the entire month of November
- Firehouse Pizzeria in DuBois – free lunch buffet (dine in only) either Sunday, Nov. 11 from noon until 6 or Monday, Nov. 12 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hoss’s Steakhouse – eat at the soup, salad, and dessert bar for free from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12
- Presko in DuBois – offering 30 percent off on Saturday, Nov. 10 for all veterans and active service members
- Red Lobster – free appetizer or dessert on Sunday and Monday, Nov. 11 and 12. Guests may choose an item from a special menu including appetizers such as sweet chili shrimp, mozzarella cheese sticks and coconut shrimp and a limited dessert menu.
- Ruby Tuesday – free appetizer for veterans on Sunday, Nov. 11
- Sheetz – free 6-inch turkey sub and a regular size fountain drink at all Sheetz locations on Sunday, Nov. 11.
Services (alphabetical order):
- Brady Street Car Wash in DuBois – offering free car washes for veterans on Sunday, Nov. 11 from 9 until 5
- Great Clips – salons will open their doors on Sunday, Nov. 11 to welcome vets for complimentary haircuts as a way to show respect and appreciation for their service. General customers who visit a Great Clips salon on Veterans Day will also have an opportunity to pay-it-forward by receiving a “Free Haircut Card” on Nov. 11 that can be given to a veteran and redeemed Nov. 12 – Dec. 31, 2018.
- Sheetz – free car wash for veterans at any Sheetz location that has a car wash
Please help honor our veterans at the annual Veterans Day Service at the DuBois VFW 813 this Sunday, Nov. 11, starting at 11. Members of all branches will be honored with a special service and a delicious free meal afterwards, cooked by the women’s auxiliary. If you are not able to attend, please listen starting at 11 on Connect FM 107.9, 96.7 1420 AM, or online at connectradio.fm. We will also be posting a live video to the Connect FM Facebook page.
Herbology DuBois invites all of our Veteran Community to a Veterans Appreciation Brunch taking place Friday, Nov. 9 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the DuBois Public Library. This event is open to all of the dispensary’s veteran patients, as well as veterans who would like to register for their certifications. Join them at the DuBois Library for free food, free swag and a good time. If you want more information, please call 814-299-4788.