Lawrence Township, PA – A child was found recently in Lawrence Township, wearing only pajamas and running around in the rain along Garman Lane, near the Clearfield County Fairgrounds.
Police don’t say how old the child is.
CYS was called in to assess the situation and make sure that the child’s home life was safe.
What to do if you see a child wandering alone:
- Quickly look around the area to see if their parents or guardians are nearby.
- Call police and explain in the situation.
- In the meantime, make sure the child is staying safe. That means keeping them away from traffic and other danger.
- Depending on the age of the child, they might be able to answer questions about why they are alone, where they live, and how long they have been wandering.
- Let police handle the situation. Officers are trained to handle circumstances like that. Do not try to solve the problem by yourself or confront the family.