Harrisburg, PA – The dry leaf form of medical marijuana is rolling out today in Pennsylvania, starting at 16 different locations and expanding to 28 locations next week.
Not all dispensaries will have the dry leaf option, and the closest ones to us are in State College and Butler.
Also, not every patient is eligible for dry leaf medical marijuana… many more will only qualify for oils, pills, or topical forms.
You can’t just walk into the dispensaries and expect to get the drug. You have to be one of the 52,000 patients already registered to be able to receive medical marijuana.
The products are intended to have low THC levels, which means it would be difficult to obtain the same kind of high as the street version of the drug.
In order to qualify for a prescription, Pennsylvanians must have a doctor’s diagnosis of one of twenty serious conditions, including cancer, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis.
If you are approved for the dry leaf version of medical marijuana, you are only allowed to use it in a vaporization machine and are not allowed to smoke it.
You’re also reminded to keep the drug in its original container, especially when transporting it anywhere, and have your medical marijuana ID card with you at all times.
Sales will begin August 1 at the following dispensaries:
- Columbia Care, Scranton
- Cresco Yeltrah, Butler
- Cresco Yeltrah, Pittsburgh
- CURE Pennsylvania, Lancaster
- Liberty, 8900 Krewstown Road, Philadelphia
- Ilera Healthcare, Plymouth Meeting
- Keystone Canna Remedies, Bethlehem
- Keystone Center Integrative Wellness, Williamsport
- Keystone Shops, King of Prussia
- Organic Remedies, Enola
- Restore Integrative Wellness, Philadelphia
- RISE, Steelton
- RISE, Erie
- Solevo, Pittsburgh
- TerraVida Holistic Centers, Abington
- TerraVida Holistic Centers, Malvern
The following dispensaries will have medication by August 8:
- CURE Pennsylvania, Phoenixville
- Beyond/Hello, Bristol
- Liberty, Norristown
- Justice Grown, Edwardsville
- Keystone Shops, Devon
- Knox Medical, Hanover
- Mission Pennsylvania II, Allentown
- Organic Remedies, Chambersburg
- PA Natural Medicine, State College
- RISE, Carlisle
- TerraVida Holistic Centers, Sellersville
- The Healing Center, Washington
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: