Houtzdale, PA – A Clearfield County couple is being accused of physically and emotionally torturing six adopted children.
52-year-old Timothy Krause and 50-year-old Barbara Krause, from Houtzdale, are accused of abusing the children in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Making them do extreme exercises
- Denying them meals
- Beating them, including using a walking stick
- Threatening to shoot them
- Allowing dogs to bite the children, which left scars
- Making all six of the children sleep in one room, and two of them slept on the floor
The oldest child is now 16 and the youngest is 12, but they reported that they had been abused since 2011.
Both Timothy and Barbara Krause have been charged with six felony counts of aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of children.
There’s no word yet on when a hearing or trial will be.
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: