Emporium, PA – An apartment fire in Emporium was so large that St. Marys fire crews had to be called to the scene to help contain it.
A 7-unit, two-story apartment building along East Allegany Avenue in Emporium caught fire around 10 p.m. Tuesday night.
There were no injuries to any of the renters or firefighters, but 7 families with 13 people total are now displaced due to severe damage in the building.
Damage is estimated at $185,000.
The fire marshal’s investigation concluded that the fire started on a rear deck on the second story of the apartment complex.
A still smoldering cigarette was accidentally thrown too close to flammable materials.
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: