Pennsylvania – Many local students are going to be graduating soon and heading out into the job world, so what are some of the top ways that can make a good impression?
- Make eye contact.
- Have a friendly, confident smile.
- Stay positive.
- Be comfortable using small talk. If you’re nervous, think of a couple of topics you could talk about beforehand.
- Dress appropriately.
- If you’re meeting someone, be on time.
- Pay attention to what the other person is saying.
- Have a firm but friendly handshake.
- Be the best version of yourself!
You have just a few seconds to make a good first impression and it’s difficult to change it once it’s happened. Give each new encounter your best shot.
Listen to this report with Ivan Misner, author of Networking Like a Pro. He says young professionals should master the two basic things: eye contact and a good handshake.
Most high schools offer career guidance classes for graduating seniors, so make sure that your student is taking full advantage of the opportunities these classes offer to meet new people and improve their skills.
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: