Brady Township, PA – A Brady Township woman accidentally overdosed on Monday but was able to be treated.

Police say the 49-year-old woman asked to be taken to the hospital because she wasn’t feeling well. She said it started when she had taken her prescription medication the night before.

Although overdoses are often thought of as being caused by illegal drugs, they can just as easily be caused by prescription drugs that you get legally from a doctor.

Follow directions closely and make sure that you’re taking only the prescribed amount, at the right time of day. Prescriptions can often interact with each other, as well as with alcohol, vitamins, or even the food that you eat.

If you start to feel unwell, tell your doctor immediately so they can readjust your medications.

If you suddenly feel very sick after taking your pills, follow this woman’s example and call an ambulance or a trusted friend or family member to take you to the hospital. Do not try to drive by yourself.


Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day:

Related Stories: