Pennsylvania – Temperatures are dropping into the weekend. Freezing rain, sleet, and eventually snow will into our area today and tomorrow, so be careful on the roadways.
Some tips for driving in bad conditions:
- Make sure that all windows and mirrors are clear.
- Slow down. Drive the appropriate speed for the weather conditions.
- Increase the amount of space between you and the vehicle in front of you to give yourself more time to react in the case of a crash.
- Turn on your headlights. If your windshield wipers are on, your headlights should be on. It’s not just so you can see the road… it’s also so you’re more visible to other drivers.
- Always buckle your seatbelt and put children in the proper safety seat. This can save your life in the event of a crash.
- Never drink and drive. If weather is making driving conditions dangerous, just imagine how much more dangerous it will be if you are impaired.
- Eliminate any distractions, especially cell phones, in the car. No text or phone call is worth your life or someone else’s.
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: