Pennsylvania – Cyber Monday is here, and people around the country are going online to check out the deals.
A survey done by BlackFriday.com shows that most Pennsylvanians make their online shopping decisions based on the lowest price and the quality of the product, but they also say that free shipping could convince them to buy something that they otherwise wouldn’t.
According to the study, most Pennsylvanians are shopping for tablets, laptops, computers, TVs, and clothing today. One new trend is that more millennials are shopping not just for physical products online but for experiences, such as tickets to concerts or plays, hotel stays, classes to learn a new skill, or gift cards to use for a nice meal.
The biggest shopping holidays of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, are just around the corner. Here at BlackFriday.com, we surveyed over 1,000 U.S. consumers in order to get a better idea of the top trends of the season, and broke the data down state-by-state.
Check out Pennsylvania’s top shopping trends below, and visit our Black Friday Vs. Cyber Monday — Shopping Survey Data for 2017 blog post for the nation-wide statistics.
- Quality of the product (56%), lowest price (30%) are two of the top motivators of shopper purchases in Pennsylvania.
- The majority of shoppers in Pennsylvania (64%) will be checking Amazon before looking or buying elsewhere, which follows in trend with our national data, as 55% of consumers stated they will be checking Amazon.
- Pennsylvania also follows national trends when it comes to the most coveted retail perks. 42% of Pennsylvania consumers (and 45% nation-wide) say free shipping is the perk they most hope to take advantage of while shopping this holiday season.
- Top products consumers in Pennsylvania are shopping for:
- Black Friday: Tablets/laptops/PCs/TV (21%) and Clothing (13%)
- Cyber Monday: Tablets/laptops/PCs/TV (29%) and Clothing (17%)
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: