Clarion, PA – A few teens from our area placed in Clarion University’s 33rd annual High School Mathematics Competition.
Cody Kuntz from Brockway, Zach Vandervort from DuBois Central Catholic, and Zach Lavin from Clarion all made it into the top five within Class A.
Each school brings a team of ten students, who take a math test created by Clarion University math faculty.
250 students from 25 schools competed on Nov. 2.
Eisenhower Middle/High School took first place in Class A, followed by Lakeview, Brockway, Dubois Central Catholic and Clarion. Individual winners from Class A:
- First place: Josef Bauer from Eisenhower
- Second: Aidan Farrell from Eisenhower
- Third: Cody Kuntz from Brockway
- Fourth: Zach Vandervort from Dubois Central Catholic
- Fifth: Zach Lavin from Clarion Area
Indiana High School took first place in Class AA/AAA, followed by Mercyhurst Prep, Kiski, Warren and St. Mary’s. Individual winners from Class AA/AAA:
- First: Karl Schmelzer from Kiski Area
- Second: Chloe Williams from Indiana
- Third: Lyle Huang from Mercyhurst
- Fourth: Elena Bai from Indiana
- Fifth: Jessie Chiu from Indiana and Drew Murphy from Burrell (tie)
Like Connect FM on Facebook for more local news each day: