Brookville, PA – Fire destroyed a Brookville home on Friday, but none of the nine occupants or any of their pets were injured.

The fire started around noon on Friday at a home along Taylor Avenue, owned by James Neff. Neighbors saw the flames and called 911, which meant the fire could be put out quickly enough to stop it from spreading to other buildings.

None of the nine people who lived there were home at the time. The family’s three dogs were outside in the fenced-in yard.

The fire marshal is still investigating, but it appears that the fire started in the kitchen.

The Brookville Red Cross is providing temporary housing and other help for the family.


Related Stories: