St. Marys, PA – The St. Marys Carbon Company, a carbon graphite manufacturer, was damaged in a fire on Sunday morning.

Just after 10 a.m. Sunday, a passing motorist saw smoke coming from the roof of the St. Marys Carbon Company building and reported it to 911.

The fire department was able to contain the fire to the roof, but the interior of the building suffered some water damage.

The fire was determined to be accidental and was related to a malfunctioning furnace stack. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $50,000.