Clearfield, PA – Do you know someone 60 or older who wants some extra fruits and veggies this summer? The Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging, along with the PA Department of Agriculture, is distributing Senior Farmer Market Nutrition Program food vouchers.
It’s a program that provides eligible, older citizens of Pennsylvania with vouchers to purchase produce grown in Pennsylvania or produce that was purchased directly from a Pennsylvania farmer.
If you meet the age, income eligibility and residency requirements, you can get four $5 vouchers that can be used at farmers markets and other local shops. You cannot use the vouchers at wholesalers. Many farmers can help you determine where you can use the vouchers and which produce items are eligible.
To be able to get the vouchers from the Clearfield County Centers for Active Living, you must be at least 60 years old and live within Clearfield County. The income limit for this year is $22,311 for a single person and $30,044 for a married couple. Identification showing date of birth and county (or town) residency is required when vouchers are picked up. A social security card is not a valid form of identification for this purpose.
In Clearfield County, the voucher distribution started on June 19 and will continue until Sept. 30 or until all vouchers are distributed.
Eligible individuals who cannot pick up their vouchers may name a proxy to pick these up for them by signing an authorized proxy form.
Proxy forms will be available at all Clearfield County Centers for Active Living or on the agency’s Web site (www.ccaaa.net). The form must be signed by the eligible individual prior to picking up the vouchers, and identification for both persons must be submitted by the proxy when applying for vouchers.
The schedule for FMNP voucher distribution is as follows:
- Clearfield County Career & Technology Center, Mondays, June 19, 26 and July 10; Thursdays, June 22, 29 and July 6 and 13, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.;
- Parkside Community Center – 814-371-4000, Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., beginning June 19;
- Coalport Center for Active Living – 814-672-3574, Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m., beginning June 21;
- Karthaus Center for Active Living – 814-263-7277, Fridays from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., beginning June 23;
- Kylertown Center for Active Living – 814-345-6338, Fridays, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., beginning June 23;
- Mahaffey Center for Active Living – 814-277-4544, Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., beginning June 29;
- Houtzdale Family Service Center – 814-378-5120, Tuesdays, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., on June 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25 and Aug. 1 only;
- Clearfield Center for Active Living at 116 S. Second St., Clearfield – 814-765-9319, on Tuesdays, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., beginning July 11;
- Westover Fire Company, 583 W. Bridge St., Westover, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Thursday, July 20 only;
- Cen-Clear Child Services Inc., 1633 Bigler Hwy., (next to True Value), Philipsburg, Wednesday, June 28, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., and Friday, July 14, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.; and
- Clearfield County Area on Aging Inc. office, 103 N. Front St., Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., starting June 19.
For more information, call your local Center for Active Living or Jackie Anderson at CCAAA at 814-765-2696 or 1-800-225-8571, or visit online at www.ccaaa.net.
Programs and services of the agency are funded in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, the Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging Inc., Mature Resources Foundation and local and consumer contributions.